Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weekend Update

The in laws were in Florida on vacation this week and came over for dinner on Friday night. We were all sitting out by the pool chatting when I heard this exclamation from upstairs. My son had spotted a nest outside and thought it was wasps. We all went up to examine and determined that it was a bee swarm! The picture isn't the best, but there was no way we were going to open the window. I know it wasn't there last weekend, because we cut two palm trees down right in front of the eve in question and we would have noticed. We called the exterminators, but before they called back the swarm was gone!
I started an Easter table topper, I think it will be called Hunting Eggs. I'm using the circle technique that I saw Dale Flemming do on Simply Quilts. I'm making a table topper to give to a friend who hosts an Easter Party every year. My husband thought the colors were too subtle, but I didn't want to go with anything too bright as my friend is sort of a pastel person. I'm not quite sure what I want to do with the sky yet. I thought about seeing if I could make some clouds using the same technique.
Check out my grout! The kitchen floor was next on my list of chores I keep putting off. My husband suggested muriatic acid, and wow did it clean! I think it was actually dissolving the top layer of grout, but it looks so sparkly clean! You can also see our new kitchen table in the picture, which we were forced to buy when the leg fell off our old table again.

3 comments:

Phyl said...

Love that table topper:).

I am having a bag give-a-way to celebrate my 200th post! Come here to check it out:
http://scrappynhappy.blogspot.com/2008/03/200th-post-woot-woot.html

John said...

Hey, good luck! It looks cool!

RED ARROW said...

Hello, I would like you to give me your opinion regarding this idea. I am thinking of buying a van to make my food truck but the truth is, I don't know who to ask for the design or, above all, help and I thought about using something like look at this for reference. What did I sell being my truck and going out at some event like this or what do you think is a good idea?