Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Another Finish


I finished the quilting on my nephews John Deere Quilt. I did more of the triangles in the border and I am loving them! I used a simple meaner in the middle with a dark green thread, and I was quite happy with the overall effect. I stitched on the binding this afternoon and now just have to do the hand work. Somewhere I have a label that I made for it with cute little tractors. The quilt is called John Deere on the Courthouse Steps and is for my nephew who loves tractors as well as his dad the lawyer. I'm hoping to send it home with my mom who is visiting us this week. She is headed to Orlando to accept an award that she is getting for her job. Her husband was supposed to come with her, but had to cancel at the last minute. I'm going with her instead to be her one plus at the awards banquet. I was supposed to be at a girl scout thing this weekend, but I'm sacrificing for good old mom. It helps of course, that the girl scout thing was a nose bag dinner and platform tent, while the banquet thing is three nights at a super luxury hotel. Am I a great daughter or what?
Hey -- speaking of being proud of myself-- I even edited my sidebar to show my two new finishes. That's four for the year, and three of them were even on the list! Does anyone else ever make a list and then add things to it that are already finished, just to feel a sense of accomplishment? I can't be the only one.

1 comment:

Meisje said...

So there we were yesterday, sweating through our five miles while you were having room-service breakfast at the Gaylord Hotel, and Ashlyn says, "Angela finished ANOTHER quilt!" Four quilts for the YEAR, and it's only April. You need to run more and quilt less, or your running partners are going to start feeling inadequate, and you'll be running ALONE, my friend.

Hey, I know -- I'll start a blog list of the books I've read this year, and Ashlyn can start one with all her volunteer projects. No one will feel inadequate, and we can keep running. Problem solved.