Thursday, August 7, 2008

Day 1


Today was the first day of preplanning. It was mostly meetings. I had a few minutes in my room and got my books numbered and quilts hung. The kids were so excited about having a babysitter, they were disappointed when Dad got home at 11.
After dinner I whipped up a couple of binder covers. One is for the planner that I use at home with calenders and to do lists and phone numbers. The other is for my "grade book" at school. I don't keep a traditional grade book now that everything is on the computer. However, I do keep a written record of everything in a three ring binder. I thought it would be nice to have something a little more visually pleasing than a plastic covered binder. The first one was pretty plain, but I got fancy on the second one and worked in a wrap around pocket for pens and pencils and things. Maybe I'll get really carried away and make a matching cover for my textbooks! As I was making the second I realized I could have made them even faster if I had just used a single piece of fabric and sewn down the edges. They were super simple to make and used up some more of the home dec fabric that was leftover from the grocery bags. Of course the grocery bags were leftover fabric from actual home decoration. I wonder what I'll come up with for the next cycle with the same fabric?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yeah you to bring your quilting/sewing talent into the workplace----and in MORE than just quilts! Those covers are a great idea.

I'm assuming that students come next Tuesday???
I'm actually getting to the point where I'm ready for school to start :0)