Monday, September 1, 2008

Step Four

I got the four patch and pinwheel units for my Old Hurricane Road quilt laid out and cut out some of the bricks before realizing that I didn't have enough brown and rust to cut out 108. I probably could have forged ahead and gotten 90% of the way done with step four, but with Kurt being out of town next week I feared I would be out of fabric and stranded at home with the kids. So I left him to feed dinner to the gang and made a trip to Joann's Fabric and Jason's Deli, my favorite "just for me" getaway. I now have a lovely assortment of fall hues, and a pleasant print for the back. Now if I find some lonely evening hours to spend with my sewing machine, I'll be all set.
I'm a little anxious to have Kurt going so far away with yet another hurricane brewing out there, but if we canceled every thing we had planned every time there was a hurricane, we wouldn't get much done in the fall. He's supposed to be flying back on Friday when it is supposed to be skimming the east coast, but that is too many "supposed tos" to make any plans around.
It's already 9:25 and I need to get last weeks chemistry tests graded before the morning. I could have done them at any point this weekend, but I was having such a good time with my mystery quilt that I didn't want to switch gears. I'd better get busy or I'll be all bleary eyed in the morning.

5 comments:

Amy said...

*chuckle*
Oh golly-----I'll be in that boat (grading tests at last min. because quilting has taken priority) in no time too!!!

Short comment tonight---off to post before I need to hit the hay myself!

Linda said...

Your ohr is coming along beautifully! Love the colors! Can't wait to see the others you just got!
Will keep you and your family in my thoughts with the travel plans and weather!

Lori said...

I will be thinking of your family. Your quilt is coming along quite nicely.
I have printed out the directions and thats it.**oh well**
Chem at 9:30?.... not sure I could do that.**giggle** I do understand quilting comes FIRST!!!

Julie said...

Wow, you put together quilts faster than the Atlantic puts together hurricanes!! Good luck with Hannah, Ike, and Josephine!!!!!!!!!

Candace said...

Your OHR looks wonderful. Your pinwheels really show up, and I really like your colors.