Thursday, September 25, 2008

WooHooo!

Lookie at what I made! I finished up the last border tonight right before I had to head out to a girl scout leader thingie and did a little happy dance. I think it's only about 3 weeks since Labor day, so that's not bad for a whole quilt. Especially not considering how hectic things have been between work and kids and running and life and all that stuff. I think I need a little time for me, no matter how busy things get. I get more relaxation from my few minutes with pins and rotary cutters and little bits of fabric than I would from a yoga class or a massage. I did go out for lunch with a girl friend today and we got pedicures, so I guess I got two doses of relaxation today. I'm calling this Hurricane Road, but when you say it, you have to hum the Holiday Road song from Chevy Chases Family Vacation movie.

2 comments:

Donna said...

all those shades of plum and burgandy just sing through the airwaves :-) It turned out really well (and the geese are great...)

Julie said...

It is beautiful. You "done good."
Oh thanks, now I will be singing that song all day tomorrow! LOL.