Friday, January 2, 2009

Step One



In celebration of having the house painting done, I settled in today to sew myself silly on the Double Delight mystery quilt. I spent some time studying the mini batch of 10 blocks I put together yesterday and decided I didn't like the yellow I was using. After switching to another shade, I pulled the DVD player from the car and settled in to sew all those together. They are all pressed and waiting to be trimmed down.
Sydney was in need of some mommy time, so I sat and watched her dance her little heart out to Barbie and the Island Princess while I cut out the pieces for step 1-B. I sewed up just a few and am happy with the two greens that I substituted in where Bonnie is using brown. Now I should decide If I'm going to be good and finish all the squaring up or save that and move on to the next step. Either way, I need to get to bed early tonight, I've got a long run scheduled in the morning so I should be well rested.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

The house looks great. I am glad that Sydney is enjoying the Barbie and the Island Princess stuff!

Amy said...

sometimes ya just have to switch mid stream.. I will be looking forward to see the rest of the quilt. I started on step 3. thanks for sharing

Amanda said...

Your house looks lovely - and so big. That's something that I'm often envious of, that so many Americans have large houses and gardens. You've got so much space I suppose. Here in the UK you need to be very well off to be able to afford a large house and garden, most of us have to settle for much less. Lack of space, far too many of us packed onto one small island.

Julie said...

Your house looks great. I love your Double Delight colors.

Tamara Lund D.C. said...

I love the house. It looks great. The colors in DD look great too. You must have that gift of color. I am enjoying doing DD and I do feel like it is a marathon. I have been up past midnight every night. Having a great time. I even got DD to help nestle 9 patches for me.

Amy said...

Ooooooo That green is awesome!
Sorry hun, but I might just find myself cheering you on with this one----I think I've finally decided to just work on some WIP's/UFO's before starting/finishing another. Maybe someday......