Sunday, March 15, 2009

Quilted

I just polished off the quilting on Yes We Can. I doesn't show up at all in the picture, but it is fairly detailed. I did a meander with blue in the blue parts, and red in the red parts. Then I put waves and loops in the red borders, outlined the stars and put stars in the blue star border. The striped part got a little zig zag effect. I still need to do the binding. I think yellow will work. There isn't any outer border because the size was just about right as it was. A stopping point for the eye would have been nice, but it already has that border after border look to me.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That certainly is a striking quilt, it will look great once it's finished and displayed. I always enjoy seeing your 'space travel' photographs, I'm old enough to still be amazed by the thought of the technology involved.

Tonya Ricucci said...

gorgeous quilt. I keep thinking I'd love to go see a shuttle launch (not that there's much time left for that) but the waiting around for it to go would make me crazy.

Candace said...

That's really a great quilt. I love your lettering.