Saturday, January 9, 2010

Brrr to the Finish


Just took the last stitch on Sage Blossom. I'm off now to see if I can find some cute baby clip art for the label. The pattern didn't turn out the way I expected it to. I've done this pattern with a light background in the past and the stars stand out. This time I used browns for the background and that is the part that stands out. I don't think that makes it bad though, and the colors are based the ones chosen by the mother to be who will have no idea that I wanted it to look starlike. Thankfully the workmanship is gift worthy. My last quilt was having issues with tension, but it must have been the thread I used, because this one worked out just fine.

I did a regular meander in the middle with sage thread and then made a geometric shape in the border using brown. I'm very happy with how it turned out if I do say so myself. Check out the artful folding. I'm trying to be more creative in my photography so all my quilts don't look like they are ready for a line-up.

The promised snow never did materialize, but we got definite precipitation in the cold range. Maybe hail or sleet, some of which was falling slow enough that it might have been called snow by some. The kids were pretty excited about it. This is Sydney going out to catch some ice in her umbrella. It melted pretty quick, but it was a definite solid before that.

5 comments:

Karen said...

The name of your quilt is unusual. I like the fabrics you chose for your quilt. Well done.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It's a great quilt, congrats on a wonderful finish. I too have been trying to trying to teach my quilts how to be better models. I've got a lot to learn!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I really like the geometric quilting shape.

Quilter Kathy said...

Great quilting on that border! And a cool photo!
Can we send you some snow from here...we have lots to spare!

Anonymous said...

I like the quilt. It's very soothing colors and not that pastel nonsense which newborns can't see anyway. It looks so warm and comforting. Your quilting was a great choice, and the folding - very artistic. I did this one in red/white/blue for AmHero once, and it is a great pattern for almost anything.