Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Shopping


I seemed to be out of a lot of the fabrics to go with the blocks I had already made. I couldn't finish Spinning Stars, because I needed a green to sash it with. I wanted to use red to alternate in Four Square, but didn't have any. I am ready to finish of several quilts that will need backing fabric, and there is not a scrap of batting in the house. You get the general idea, right? A trip to the fabric store was definitely in order. The kids and husband were all busy with thier last OM practice before the big state competition this weekend, so I took advantage of the open time, grabbed my 40% off coupon and headed out.
I got a call from Karen at Handiquilter today and she says that my HQ 16 will be on the truck Thursday and will take about one week to ship. Just one weekend to get everything ready! Kurt and I looked at the sewing room/guest bedroom/study this weekend and figured out a game plan. Now I just need to do a bit or arranging and make space for everything. Then I will line up the tops and start getting them ready for the big day. Amy is getting her new system tomorrow -- so I'll have to see how she handles everything to find out what I should be doing.

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOL...."see how she handles everything to find out what I should be doing..."
You crack me up Ang!

Great looking purchases! As state before---can't wait to see your quilting take on a new "life". Gotta love rejuvenation!