Saturday, June 5, 2010

Building Rome



I know Rome wasn't built in a day, but it's been more than a day and I haven't yet gotten used to this whole pantograph thing. The first row looked nice and straight. Most of the second row was OK. Then I had to shift the laser doohickey and roll the quilt. It seemed to be working, but then at then end of the row, everything converged and started to overlap. I'm not sure yet what I'm doing wrong, but I think I'll sleep on it. I sometimes have trouble with spatial things. I am almost incapable of backing long distances. Something about looking in the rear view mirror and turning the wheel the opposite way really freaks me out. I'm sure that somehow the shifting of the rows must require the same deficient area of my cerebral cortex as the whole reverse driving thing. That's my working hypothesis anyway. Of course any hypothesis incapable of being tested in worthless, so I'd better try again. Maybe I'm shifting the pattern as I quilt. I could try taping it down. I'll try to come up with some other ideas in the morning. Maybe during my run.


Anna made breakfast for dinner tonight. She hardly needed any help and was very proud of herself. She made pancakes, bacon, toast, fruit salad and eggs cooked to order. Didn't she do a nice job on the table?

3 comments:

Amy said...

LOL...love seeing Kurt peeking out from behind the flowers! Funny coincidence! We had "brupper" tonight too (breakfast for supper)

Leave it to a Science teacher to bring scientific theory into quilting in the summer. (ya must really miss school already!!!) ;0) I prefer pantos over FMQ with my set up, although it DOES takes me a bit of time to check, double-check and tripple-check the lining up of the design every time the quilt is advanced (which is usually after one pass on my lil' guy). My first panto lost its even advancing-ness when I got to the last 2 passes; but I think I've licked that problem now. Keep practicing :0)

Amanda said...

This is all a foreign language to me - both you and Amy's comment. But I do love the picture of your family supper, isn't it great when they start to want to do things like that. And then of course they stop again and don't want to do anything to help anybody. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Lori said...

My Frame is on sliders. I can move it out from the wall to do pantos. I always work left to right...Like when you write something?

Does this make any sense at all????