Monday, September 6, 2010

Design Floor on Monday

I spent most of yesterday putting the words together for Anna's Shoot for the Moon quilt. I measured the top of her bed and taped it out onto the floor to make sure the blocks would fit the right way. I thought I would fill in the empty spaces with 5 inch blue squares. Now that I see it all together though, it seems a little busy. I asked Anna what she thought (it is her quilt after all) and she wants just the same blue fabric from the words to fill in all the space on the top. It's a good thing I got lots of blue fabric! I think I'll do several borders, but just along the three sides. The top of the bed fits against the wall and the pillow will go on top of that part. Maybe by the end of the day I'll have the top part done and be ready to start on borders.

11 comments:

Diane said...

what a fantastic quilt that's going to be. hand clap!!!!

Nina Marie said...

Wow! this really is going to be a great quilt - star burst hand clap!!

Tamera said...

How wonderful! It's great that Anna can give her input as well.

kwiltnkats said...

Anna's quilt is coming along wonderfully. Maybe try using the same blues then graduate towards lighter or darker blues staying in the same tone. You mentioned having a lot of blues.. Leaving it all the same blue won't make it have movement no POP! I think you might be changing the design alot but if you do all the same blue maybe an inner border with a multi color stripe on bias could stimulate movement try Kaffe Fassett for something. Hope you and Anna don't mind my ideas. Got a pillow case in the plans?

Micki said...

That's going to be an awesome quilt!
Micki

Linda Lee said...

This is going to be great! She must be thrilled that she is helping with the design and color selections for the quilt. Even if it isn't perfect-or the colors aren't exactly right--just knowing that you worked together will be a memory maker!!!

Vivian said...

What a great quilt. Another ideas for a classroom quilt.

Janet said...

I really like the quilt so far. Lovely shades of blue and yellow.
Can't wait to see your next post.

Melinda said...

This is going to be another wonderful quilt. What an inspiration for her bed.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

It looks great! Love the colors!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I love how your quilt is coming along. It looks amazing! I love the blues.