Saturday, October 9, 2010

Strep Throat


Sydney stayed home from school on Friday with a sore throat and fever. It was, conveniently, Kurt's day off, so he got to stay home with her. She wasn't acting any better by today and so I peeked at her tonsils. Oh my, I'm no doctor, but it sure looked like strep throat to me. Off we trotted to the urgent care clinic where the rapid strep test came back positive. I'm glad we didn't wait for our regular doctor to open up again on Monday. Hopefully by then the antibiotics will have kicked in and she'll feel well enough to go back to school. Kurt's gone off camping with Ryan and the Cub Scouts. Anna is supposed to be resting before her Girl Scout lock-in tonight. With a bit of time before anything needs to be done again, I might even pop into the study and sew a few blocks together for my postage stamp quilt.

4 comments:

Candace said...

Oh no, it's a good thing you didn't wait. Hope she is all better soon and doesn't share.

Pip said...

I used to get strep throat all the time when I was young (many years ago) and it was awful, so I do hope Sydney is better soon.

Micki said...

I hope that Sydney is better soon.
Micki

Amy said...

Oh dear and oh yes....Strep is working its way through our school too ;0( It appears your week has taken you away from quilting :0( Sorry to hear that; slowly we both will be working our way back into quilting time.