Monday, August 1, 2011

Rainbow Challenge in WHITE

So I'm getting the idea that people don't consider WHITE to be a real color.  They aren't quite sure to how to be scraphappy with WHITE.  I'm thinking that some people might want to finish up the string blocks from RRCB, while I know others are already starting on Jamestown Landing.  I have some random orphan blocks that have been sashed out in white for a modern flair quilt.  For people who are opposed to WHITE,then stretch it into tan or beige or cream or peach.   Or just mix it with something else that you have in abundance.  Blue and WHITE.  Red and WHITE.  Whatever your heart desires and WHITE.  Give it a try, you never know what you might make!

Oh, for those who hadn't guessed, WHITE is the new color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge in August.  Happy scrapping. 

7 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

White is the color, I have my RRCB strip blocks stripped but not cut so.....maybe I'll work on them. I think it is so neat the way you allow other colors so everyone should be able to play this month!

Amy said...

Oh, that's kind of an ironic FUNNY! This AM when I commented on the Design wall, I was going to mention I noticed the white background of the blog. Silly me----guess I'm one of those who doesn't consider white a color because my mind thought...."Oh, she's just keeping her blog 'clean' until she announces the color for August."

Lynne said...

Last month, I was the tutor for a workshop called "Colour Theory for Knitters". I had to tell the participants that, though they may have heard that black and white were non-colours, for the user of textiles/fibre they must be treated as colours.

I really like this challenge! I once had to create a small painting of a white object without using any pure white - it was challenging but fun!

Jan Maree said...

White is great for me - lots of scope and frustratingly lots of scraps too!!!

april said...

I am excited about white! When working in collage (one of my favorite things to do), I adore doing a white on white piece!

Quilter Kathy said...

That will be a tough one for me! I'll have to pair it with a fun colour!

sophie said...

My hunch was that the "color" was going to be black ... I was kinda close in an opposite sort of way ;-)