Sunday, August 5, 2012

Next Time

 The Midgets aren't done yet, but I'm already thinking about my next big quilt. 

 I'm not sure yet what it will be, but if it requires paper piecing, I will remove the papers as I go. I'm sashing out my blocks now, taking out the papers and checking them over.  57 blocks have made it to the wall, and a big stack is still waiting patiently.  It is taking much longer than I thought, but I want to make sure it is done properly. 
 Yesterday we got the kids to help with a bit of cleaning and organization.  Anna cleaned the pantry. 
 Ryan took care of the drawer that holds the kids school and art supplies. 
Sydney did the tuperware cupboard.  They all did such a good job that we all celebrated with doughnuts when they finished. 
Today we enjoyed the last weekend before school starts with a movie and lunch out.  Sydney has a piano lesson next, but after that I would love to get back to my blocks for a while.  It has been two years since I started working on them and I am anxious to see them all together. 

9 comments:

Cathy Tomm said...

Great looking midget blocks. Good to see them altogether. I am also doing some cleaning, the kitchen was driving me crazy but I did not get help from my boys. Maybe I should do the same as you, each kids get a drawer or cupboard. I got the counter cleaned very well.

Quilter Kathy said...

The midgets are growing into a fabulous big quilt!
You better assign someone to clean up the quilting room after all that paper removal!!

Jen said...

Have you ever tried paper piecing with freezer paper? Personally I love it and will never go back to the paper method. Try looking on YouTube for instructions if you've never given it a try before. No paper to remove...just one pattern of freezer paper which comes off easily.

Jen said...

Have you ever tried paper piecing with freezer paper? Personally I love it and will never go back to the paper method. Try looking on YouTube for instructions if you've never given it a try before. No paper to remove...just one pattern of freezer paper which comes off easily.

Amy said...

Such a jam-packed schedule with the school countdown!

I LOVE the midget sashing idea! So exciting seeing it come together.

Linda said...

I love your midget blocks! I'm slowly, very slowly doing them but enjoy seeing everyone elses. I think it's great that the kids pitched in to help and I can't believe it's already time for school to start! Time flies, huh? I'm going to try what Jen said above, sounds good to me.

Andee said...

This quilt is well worth the wait!!!

Ellen said...

I am anxious to see them all together too! I have been removing the papers from my blocks as I go along. I have a long way to go yet but maybe it will make it quicker to sew it together.

Lynne said...

What great kids - they deserve their treats.

Remind me, should I ever choose to do paper piecing, to take a good hard look at that photo!