Saturday, February 9, 2013

ScrapHappy Saturday - Purple Mountains Ma

Another ScrapHappy Purple Saturday has rolled around and I am still working through purple Dear Jane Blocks.  I finished three and two halves this week at gymnastics and piano lessons and during evening TV.  Not much energy for actual sewing this week but I can still feel like I moved a little bit forward.
I was paper piecing another block last Sunday and it is still sitting on the ironing board just where I left it.  Sydney has a Girl Scout field trip this morning and Ryan has a football game, but I think there is time for a bit of sewing after those are done.  There is a birthday party this evening, which will take the girls away and Ryan is likely to be tired after having two friends sleepover last night.  I am ready to tackle the corner kites -- wish me luck!
What purple projects are under way in your neck of the woods?  Use misterlinky below to let us know about your progress and plans.

18 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Hope you get some relaxing sewing time. Looks like you are making some tiny square in a square blocks?

Deb A said...

Sounds like a busy week and weekend on tap. Hope you get some relaxing sewing time in. Your DJ's look great - you are getting so many done so quickly! I'll join up later today after I get some kid free sewing time in!

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

Working on a mike a minute purple quilt top for charity. Hope to have a photo later.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Have fun working on your Dear Jane blocks, I always get such a kick out of the small pieces you work with!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Those Dear Jane blocks are so intricate... I admire anyone who attempts them!

Char said...

I finally got around to posting something.
Thank you so much for your help with Mr. Linky this week Angela!

Cathy Tomm said...

Sweet little Jane blocks. I think your purple are the ones I am doing in Pink.

Anonymous said...

Your Dear Jane block are so cute. Why didn´t I think of choosing just one colour, when I started on my DJ :)
Gun, Sweden

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

My design wall is now drenched in purple.

Teresa in Music City said...

It is so fun seeing your DJ blocks come to life :*) The kites are not so bad - I was terrified of them until I did my first one and relaxed. Hope you find some time to stitch this weekend :*)

Sheila said...

Pretty purple Dear Jane blocks, Angela.
Fun to see SO many people playing in their scraps this year. Inspiring. I want to try all the ideas I see.

Edith said...

Dear Janes are adorable, good luck with the kites and kids.

Kate said...

Pretty purple blocks. You did well if you had all of that going on.

Cyn said...

Love your purple DJ blocks, Angela. They are fun and addictive, eh?!
Thank you for hosting the Linky Party.

Elly D said...

I feel I may be turning into a white rabbit ;)
Finally made my purple block for the month!! Hope to play more with my purple scraps over the coming week.
Your Dear Jane blocks are so gorgeous!! You are sewing them up so fast too. It takes me all my effort to sew one a week, LOL... Thank you for hosting this fun challenge and linky.

Béa said...

I choose to make a mini quilt in purple and have only to sew the binding, it will be ready for a Christmas gift !

pinsandneedles said...

Lots of lovely purple blocks. Just finished mine!

Seema Singh said...

Thanks for sharing such a Post!

canon printer support phone number
hp printer support phone number
epson printer support number
canon customer service phone number
phone number for epson printer customer service
HP Customer Care Phone Number