Thursday, July 3, 2014

Turtle Speed

Are you getting tired of seeing the Dear Jane blocks yet?  8 of the 9 sections are sewn together.  The middle one is still in progress though.  I'm thinking of redoing the one in the lower right hand corner.  It is blue and the other three corners are teal.  Kurt says he didn't see that there was any pattern at all and there was no need to change anything.  Men!  I thought the blocks would be together by the end of today, but a trip to the orthodontist and a piano lesson kept me out and about a bit more than I had planned.  Anna is out of braces now and it is time for Ryan to have his turn.  Hope to get him finished off before Sydney is due.  

14 comments:

Andee said...

I will not tire of seeing this one, it is a beauty! I see the pattern, looks fantastic! Been down braces road, no fun for the cost and all the appointments, but worth it for those great smiles after!

Rebecca in AK said...

I think you are making terrific progress on your DJ! I could never tire of this quilt! Beautiful!!

Vicki W said...

You can show this quilt every day. I love it!

Sewing In CT said...

Not even a little bit. What a wonderful result of your work!

sophie said...

As proof that everything is relative, I have to say that compared to how long it would take me ... You are moving at lightening speed. And no, I am not tired of seeing your updates, either.

Gunilla said...

Absolutely wonderful!

Jo said...

I love seeing your DJ.. It makes me want to get out my book and start but I am doing "nearly insane" and have to finish that first. Your colours are so pretty

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love the bright colors in your DJ, it is always a delight to see it.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love the bright colors in your DJ, it is always a delight to see it.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love the bright colors in your DJ, it is always a delight to see it.

KaHolly said...

Just gorgeous! I admire anyone making the dear Janes!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I don't think I'd ever get tired of seeing the Dear Jane blocks. I started a version a few years ago with a diamond shaped instead of square shaped blocks. I'm doing all hand piecing, so it's slow going. Plus I haven't touched it in a while! Your quilt will be so lovely!

KatieQ said...

I don't think I would ever get tired of this quilt. I have really enjoyed seeing your progress. It's beautiful.

Kate said...

There are so many beautiful blocks there is always something to see different every time you show it.