Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Farmer's Wife Update

When the Farmer's Wife 1930's quilt along started, I didn't have the book yet.  I dipped into the original book and played with some of those blocks.  Now my book is in though, and I am ready to take stock.  So here, on my design wall, are the blocks I have done.  The two on the lower left are of questionable quality, so I will either remake or fix them up a bit.  The others are good though, so now I can start working on the new blocks and figure out which ones I have missed along the way.  Figuring out is about all that I can manage on a Wednesday, but it is better than not having any fabric fun at all.  

13 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like you've been having FUN with the Farmer's Wife. The good news is... the weekend is coming!!!

Jennifer Price said...

Looks like fabric fun for sure ! I've resisted so far, but the pull is strong with this one!

Salmagundi said...

I'm intrigued -- will be back to check on your progress. Love the bright and pastels together. Sally

Nell's Quilts said...

I'm so not accustomed to seeing solid fabrics only in a quilt. Not very Amish of me to be sure. The Farmer's Wife blocks look great.

sophie said...

Love how the solid fabrics look in these blocks.

Delighted Hands said...

Have fun with your book blocks! It is interesting how modern it looks when you are making an 'old' quilt!

Ellen said...

They all look great - even the questionable ones.I am glad you were able to find some fun fabric time mid-week!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fun colors . . .

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Really like your fabric choices. It will be fun to see this one grow into a quilt!

Sheila said...

Love these blocks in solids. Even the ones you have in the lower left. They are cute blocks. Looking forward to seeing your quilt come together.
I've never done a lot with solids, but I'm rethinking that choice now.

Anonymous said...

I think your blocks are great! Love the colourchoise!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love your colors! They make the blocks so much cooler!

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks. I like the look of the solids in this blocks.