Thursday, January 4, 2018

Sewing in the New Year

 I have been frantically sewing for the last two days, but not on a project that I am ready to share yet.  Instead, here are the leader and ender blocks that I have accomplished along the way.
 There is always a stack of 2.5 inch squares sitting next to the machine, and eventually, they turn into bigger blocks. 
At some point I will put these together into quilts, but for now, I will just let the collection grow. 
This morning I went to the dentist and had to scrape ice off of the windshield!  I don't have an ice scraper!  We tried to buy one once for a fiend moving to Colorado, but no luck.  So I used my handy library card.  That and a few minutes waiting for the defroster to kick in had me on my way.  Hard frost doesn't happen here very often, so it is always quite an event.  We had to bring the tortoise in and I'm sure the palm trees are not happy. 
Here is a photo of our recent ski vacation.  We were waiting for our time on the tubing slope.  I think that might have been everyone's favorite day.  Kurt is back at work this week, so it is just the kids and I bouncing around the house.  The girls want to see a moving this afternoon and Ryan has a potluck party to go to.  I will wrap up my sewing and be on my way.  

6 comments:

Crystal_235 said...

Your 2.5" squares look all pretty laid out like that. I have an ice scraper in my car year round. (But I live in MN) It has been very cold these last couple of weeks.

Ellen said...

You must have been sewing fast and furious because you sure got a lot accomplished with your leader/enders!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hooray for progress... even if you can't share it with us!! I suppose the Leader/Enders will just have to suffice. :P

Alice said...

One of these days I need to start doing leaders/enders. Most days I try not to multi-task so that I don't make boo boos. Love all of your bright colors.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great scraps - want me to send you an ice scraper? Sometimes the grocery stores even give them away for free here - ha ha

Deb A said...

The kids stepped on and broke mine in December. I had Greg order one from Amazon while he was ordering something else - he got 2 so he didn't have to keep borrowing the one in my car. So glad I kept that in there when we moved - even if we only use it a handful of times each year. Enjoy the sewing and time off. Glad the tortoise got to be inside.